Sharing food: a simple meal prepared by one of us.
Sharing conversation: an opportunity to engage and discuss freely.
Sharing insights on our Christian journey: how do we relate to God in all things and He with us?
Food for Thought
Come and join in an informal meal and discussion around a wide
variety of topics as we get to know each other and our God better.
6.30pm - WOTBC foyer
Next date - 27th October
Westbury Baptist Church Parade & gift service
13th October 2018
At this time of year we collect food for Crisis Centre Ministries, a Bristol charity supporting the homeless. We hope you will feel able to bring a gift. Suitable items are listed below:
The following items are currently on the most needed list:
Most needed - Instant coffee, sugar, jam, marmite, peanut butter, rice, tinned tomatoes, cooking sauces, salt & black pepper, curry powder.
- Tins of baked beans, spaghetti, sweet corn, butter beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, any fruit
- Pasta, lasagna, couscous, instant mashed potato
- Mixed dried herbs, paprika, chilli, vegetarian stock cubes
- Tomato Ketchup, brown sauce, mayonnaise, chutney, mustard, pickles
- Pasta sauces, gravy granules, cooking oil
- Instant custard, custard powder, tinned rice pudding
- Biscuits, porridge oats
- Practical Items Washing up and cleaning materials
- Sturdy shoes & boots (men’s & women’s), sleeping bags, Women’s pyjamas (esp. sizes 8, 10 & 12)
These are simple ways to support some of the most vulnerable people in our city